Sunday, September 1, 2013

Enough is Enough

Today, I got a new meaning from that message

First of all, I'm glad to say that I am a Sunday school teacher now :D
And this afternoon, I joined the preparation class
One of the discussed topic is God's care in the desert
When the Israelite got out from Egypt
The passage I want to share were taken from Exodus 16, Manna and Quail
These are some verses that keep humming in my mind
4 ".... The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. ...."
16 ".... 'Each one is to gather as much as he needs. ...."
18 ".... he who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little. Each one gathered as much as he needed."
21 "Each morning everyone gathered as much as he needed, ...."
35 "The Israelite ate manna forty years, until they came to a land that was settled; they ate manna until they reached the border of Canaan."
Yes, God took really good care of the Israelite in the desert
He provided enough for all of them, for each one of them
But what I see now that I didn't see when I read this passage in the past is
God also gave JUSTICE to the Israelite
Each one gathered enough, the same portion, an omer, not less nor more
That is what I got from that chapter

In the preparation class, I felt that they emphasized God's grace
And I didn't see any discussion about God's justice
For my surroundings who most of the children's family economic are in the middle and upper class
I think that God's care for them are abundant
I believe the children absolutely feel God's grace
But I wonder if they feel this justice that God has given

I believe it will be wonderful, if they become one...
God's grace and God's justice

No comments:

Post a Comment